Coronavirus Precautions Online & In Store
Dear valued customer,
Considering the COVID-19 crisis in South Africa we thought it prudent to encourage and assure you that we are taking the situation extremely seriously and are practising the highest hygiene standards in all our Baby Boom stores across South Africa including online deliveries.
We are taking our guidance from the South African Government and are also tracking the guidelines and advisory updates of the World Health Organisation.
For example some of the steps we have taken includes:
- All staff have been trained on the importance of strict hygiene and hand-washing procedure.
- Spray bottles with disinfectant have been placed at all our till points and are used by our cashiers to sanitise the entire till surface, including pin pads as well as their own hands.
- All staff have been provided with latex gloves and we are in the process of providing all staff with facemasks.
- We regularly disinfect all trolly handles and have wet wipes available at all till points for your use as required.
Please also remember that there are lots of great ways to shop with Baby Boom and you may want to consider online delivery or click and collect.
Should you be an on-line customer, please see below information relating to the two courier companies we use to send out our online orders. (Fastway & The Courier Guy)
Baby Boom Online
Fastway South Africa
Dear valued customers.
We wanted to let you know that we are here for you when you need us. Whilst we are taking precautions and doing some things a little differently our pick up’s and deliveries are running smoothly throughout the country.
- There are some factors over which we have little or no control and other areas where we have full control.
- The areas where we have full control are the areas on which we are focussing our full energies.
- We have an obligation to our staff, our Couriers Franchisees our Customers and our suppliers.
- This is to minimize business interruption as far as possible yet taking all necessary precautions.
Herewith some of the measures that are being implemented.
No Contact delivery
When our Couriers arrive at your delivery address, they have been instructed to ring the bell/knock on the door and stand back at a safe distance (2metres). The Courier will place the item at your door and wait for you to answer.
The Courier will present you with a scanner (handheld device) to sign on, which will be sanitized before requesting you to sign.
There is also an option for you not to touch the scanner, and the courier will leave the parcel in a Safe Place on your instruction. This will require the courier to photograph you and the Safe Place where the parcel is to be left.
All Couriers vehicles are in the process of undergoing a deep clean.
Couriers have been instructed to sanitize all touchpoints in the vehicles frequently.
Couriers all carry sanitizers and wipes to frequently wipe down their hands and scanners.
All couriers and depot staff have been educated in respect of the Coronavirus, the symptoms, how it spreads and prevention.
They have also received training on how to minimize the risk of infection to themselves and our customers.
Couriers have been issued with latex gloves and masks for utilization in the delivery process.
Sanitizers have been made available at all access and entrance points, all individuals entering and or exiting our facilities are required to sanitize their hands.
All depots are undergoing “Deep cleaning”.
Access into and out of our depots has been limited and all visitations are on agreed appointments only.
How can you help?
- Please remember to wash your hands regularly before and after receiving delivery or handing over a Pickup.
- Please avoid direct contact with the Couriers such as handshakes
Our county is resilient by nature and by supporting one another we could emerge from this as a nation more united and strengthened than ever before.
The Courier Guy
Dear Valued client
Please see the email attached and below that was sent out by senior management. In the mean time we have managed to do the following:
- Order in 20 00lt of sanitiser for all our staff.
- Order in 5 000 masks for our staff.
- Contract a company to sanitise our depots on a weekly basis.
This will be distributed no later than Thursday 19th March 2020.
Methods of delivery:
- If you so wish on delivery you are welcome to request that the driver places the delivery & waybill at your door and steps back 2 metres allowing you to sign the waybill in full with your own pen and take your delivery inside and close the door with the signed waybill outside which the driver will retrieve.
- The driver can take a picture of you, holding the parcel as proof of delivery should you not wish to hand back a signed copy of the POD [Picture has to be clear]
Email sent to all staff within TCG
It is up to each and every one of us to ensure that our working environment is safe for all employee’s, family members and customers.
We as a company are trying to source hand sanitiser as well as disinfectant/sanitising spray. The depots will also be sourcing companies to come and sanitise the premises by means of a spray / fogging procedure. The Kiosks are to source sanitising spray cans to spray Kiosks twice a week.
Whilst I realise these are scary times, I firmly believe that if we all follow the attached simple health and safety procedures, we can all contribute to ensuring that we remain safe and healthy.
Let’s not be people that listen to fear mongering but rather listen to facts and approach this in a mature and practical manner. Our work environment needs to be a place where you can feel safe and only working together and respecting each other can this be achieved.
If you have any questions going forward please ask your manager to pass them on to the relevant senior management.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.